Thursday, April 28, 2016

Things of Lately Thursday

Hi Blog friends!

I know it's been awhile :)  I've been writing intermittently, but everything is unfinished and I've been lacking in the photo-taking department.  The travel and work schedule of lately has made my brain more scattered than usual (<- really saying something!), so how about a somewhat scattered post just for an update? Here's some things of lately!

Wanderlust
Strong as ever!  The work travel has gotten a little old, but being in new places still excites me.

Tel Aviv - view of the city from Old Jaffa
I just got back from Tel Aviv and I definitely owe you a whole post on this city, because it's one of the most beautiful and vibrant cities in the world!  It was a lot of (que Rihanna:) work, work, work, work, work, but I did enjoy some beach time on my couple of free days and get to explore!

Sunset over the Mediterranean
This week the wanderlust (and work, haha) are taking me HOME!  In about two hours, I'll be boarding a flight back to the Lone Star State!  I'm SO looking forward to seeing family, friends, a certain little furball, and some decent Mexican food ;)  Oh yeah, there's a team summit in there somewhere too - I'm excited to see what my European colleagues think of my home state!  Heads up, Texas - the British are coming, the British are coming! (Heads up Brits - don't fuck with us, we have guns).  

Workouts
Hey, remember when I said I would post about these?! :)  Due to the travel schedule, I'm lacking a gym membership at the moment - I've been taking over the fitness studio at work to have my own personal little Turbo Kick classes.  It reminds me how much I love this workout, how sweaty and effective it is, and how much I miss teaching!

Part of my Turbo Fam after my final class teaching!
I'm trying to get back in teaching shape soon and hope to teach a few classes at work - in the meantime, I've been upping my running game, 



 Working out at home more, 


And trying to eat healthier!

I'm definitely hoping to squeeze in some Turbo Kick classes while I'm in Texas (to make up for the inevitable overload of BBQ and Mexican food!).

Wine
For the "wine" part of the blog, I always planned for it to be about more than specifically wine, but more of a complement to everything else - the delicious extra flavor on the side ;)  Perfect for the rest of this incredibly random "things of lately" post!  

My bare minimum makeup needs: Clinique airbrush concealer & tarte mascara (my all time fave!  I brought a "new" tube with me on my last trip and it turned out to be dried out and the replacement I tried was definitely not as good!) - most days, I apply this concealer and this mascara, and I'm good to go!

Getting upgraded to First Class on my way back from Tel Aviv!  Even if I did get a little tipsy on all the free champagne and wine (they kept refilling it!) and forgot my book and laptop on the plane (don't worry, the laptop was recovered!)
Fancy toiletries, sleep suit, and delish champagne
Reads of lately - I am usually not a read-more-than-one-book-at-a-time kind of girl, but some of these are fairly segmented books (perfect for reading on the tube when commuting!), and then I also started another book while I lost one - which I've replaced because I want to finish it!  Surprisingly, there's not a single fictional or light/funny read, which is what I usually alternate with "smart stuff" like this :)

  • Wherever You Go, There You Are - this is a book about mindfulness, something I like in theory but kind of suck at...I'm not really that into the book yet, but it makes a nice relaxing read before bed.
  • Daily Rituals - a random book store find with daily routines of various writers, artists, scientists, etc.  Perfect, short chapters for reading on the tube!
  • Losing the Signal - the story about the rise and fall of BlackBerry - combines technology, business, and a good story and is really interesting.  This is the one that got left on the plane (you can see it peeking out in the photo above), but I Amazon Primed that baby so I can finish it - I'll probably finish this one in the next couple of days, if not on the plane shortly!
  • Prisoners of Geography - I just started this one, and I'm already through Russia and halfway through China.  As someone who doesn't know much about politics, especially on a global scale, this is an awesome, well-told round up of the political history of the world and how geography has played a vital role in it.  

Well, there you have it - my most random post yet!  I'll close for now and get some work done before my flight.  See y'all from Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment